Pilonidal Sinus: Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
People affected with Sinus have tracts extending from the same which are considered as one type of Cyst. Such cysts are referred to as Pilonidal Cysts. The Sinus caused by such cysts is termed as Pilonidal Sinus. Pilonidal Cysts get formed in the Natal Cleft when hair gets accumulated in the epithelial tissue. The foreign body created due to this causes inflammation which ultimately becomes infectious. Pilonidal Sinus is generally removed through the surgical process. Best Pilonidal Sinus Laser Treatment Nanded is provided by Dr. Motewar in his Motewar Hospital. Let us look in detail at Pilonidal Sinus and the many aspects involved to have a clear idea about the same.
Factors causing Pilonidal Sinus
Many factors are associated with the causation of Pilonidal Sinus. Some factors that cause Pilonidal Sinus are listed below for better understanding of all concerned.
- Natal cleft that is deep in nature
- Increased hairs in the tracts
- Abrasion or friction in the concerned area
Other common factors that cause Pilonidal Sinus are enlisted below for the benefit of all concerned.
- Obesity causing pressure to the Natal Cleft
- Sitting for long hours for driving or working
- Wearing tight clothes
- Friction caused to the bottom area of the body
- Lack of hygiene
- Body hair type that is curlier
- Unhygienic personal habits
Indications or symptoms caused by Pilonidal Sinus
The following are the pointers for the prevalence of Pilonidal Sinus causes the following indications. If any of these symptoms persist in people for longer periods of time, ensure an authorized medical professional is consulted to get relieved from the same.
- Pain in the natal cleft and area around the same
- Discomfort felt every now and then in the area
- Infected area causing unbearable itching sensation
Other common symptoms caused by Pilonidal Sinus are as follows.
- Swelling in the natal cleft
- Lumps which can be tender or boil like ones
- Reddishness around the cleft region
- Pus oozing out of the region with disgusting smell
- Bleeding from the cyst
- Occasional fever caused due to the infection
Pilonidal Sinus is generally diagnosed purely through the symptoms experienced by the patients. Physical examination is the main source through which Pilonidal Sinus can be diagnosed.
Treatment option for Pilonidal Sinus
Many kinds of Medical treatments are available for treating Pilonidal Sinus. Some such treatment options are given below for better understanding.
- Self-care and hygienic habits play a crucial role in the treatment of Pilonidal Sinus
- Antibiotics in the case of normal Pilonidal Cyst
- Surgery with the help of anesthesia in the case of abscess
- Excision in terms of removing the infected skin around the area
Dr. Motewar Motewar Hospital Nanded is considered as one of the best Doctors in treating Pilonidal Sinus. Dr. Motewar treats Pilonidal Sinus through Laser surgery and all conventional surgery types. Get the best Pilonidal Sinus treatment in Nanded under the expertise of Dr. Motewar.